Thursday, December 02, 2004

Yet, who leaves for work?

Posted by Craig Westover | 10:55 AM |  


Basil

My brain: walnut-sized.
Yours: largest among primates.
Yet, who leaves for work
?


I am secure enough in my masculinity to admit that I am a cat guy. Cats have those qualities that I love -- they’re independent, they take care of themselves and you know when they curl up next to you, it’s because they want to. A committee of Libertarians has often been likened to a herd of cats.

In that spirit, I found these cat haiku sent to me by my wife “She Who Should Be Working” to be, like the guys over at Fraters Libertas, both entertaining and insightful.

The food in my bowl
Is old, and more to the point
Contains no tuna.
----
There's no dignity
In being sick - which is why
I don't tell you where.
----
Am I in your way?
You seem to have it backwards:
This pillow's taken.
----
Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
I've lost interest.
----
Most problems can be
Ignored. The more difficult
Ones can be slept through.
----
Toy mice, dancing yarn
Meowing sounds. I'm convinced:
You're an idiot.
----
My rule for today:
Touch me, I will shred your hand.
New rule tomorrow.