Sunday, March 26, 2006

Annette Meeks and Wendell Anderson on Dean Johnson

Posted by Craig Westover | 9:44 AM |  

I just listened to former Governor Wendell Anderson and Annette Meeks on “At Issue.”

I could not be more appalled at the lack of integrity and courage as I have just witnessed.

When host Tom Hauser directly asked Anderson about the whether or not the issue of the Court’s comments to Johnson were resolved, Anderson said “I won’t go there.” He said the Court was above reproach, that there is no politician that has never misspoke or exaggerated and now it’s time to move on.

Hasuer, noted that to be above reproach justices should not make the kind of comments Dean Johnson says they made and turned the stage over to Meeks. She said that Chief Justice Anderson denied that they made such comments, and she takes him at his word. "It’s time to move on.”

Hauser, for whom I have a great deal of respect, seemed a bit flummoxed. He sort of mumbled that according to the recording of the ethics committee hearing Johnson contends that justices did make those comments, but “nobody seems to think that’s an issue so I guess we’ll move on to other issues . . . .”

“Yes,” said Anderson with what must be described as a smug smile. “Let’s move on.”

I’ll be posting later today a “fisk” of the ethics committee hearing. I just couldn't let this pass without comment.